15 examples to get you started:
- Don't be scared of failure. Mistakes can be inspiring.
- There is much to learn from other artists.
- If you get overexcited by an idea, take a break and come back to it later.
- Don't forget to have a life.
- Try to reshape your ideas in other forms.
- Always be on the lookout. Stay open.
- It's useful to get perspective on what you do by talking to all sorts of different people.
- Break any rule if you know deep inside that it is important.
- Ask questions you can't answer easily.
- Once there's an idea, turn it upside down and take it seriously for a moment – even if it seems silly.
- Daydream. Give yourself plenty of time to do nothing.
- Collaborate. Go on a journey with someone who is as different to you as chalk and cheese.
- Don't wait for a good idea to come to you. Start by realising an average idea.
- Hang on in there. Inspiration can come at any time.
- Take a deep breath, and a leap of faith.
Read everything here: Top artists reveal how to find creative inspiration - The Guardian.